MTaS – More Than a Shelter
With the remarkable success of ‘More Than a Shelter’ Pilot Project in January 2019, Windsor will continue to provide shelter for our homeless and vulnerable guests during the coldest winter months. A huge thank you to the local churches and wonderful volunteers for their commitment and dedication to the pilot project, and most importantly to our guests for making this happen.
What is More than a Shelter?
The Project is a local ecumenical and community project supported by Windsor Christian Action. The project has forged excellent relationships with Churches Together in Windsor (CTW), Windsor Homeless Project (WHP), FoodShare, Driven Forward, RBWM, local Police and over 200 local volunteers.
What do we do?
- a safe and warm overnight place of rest to rough sleepers over the harshest winter weather period
- a hot meal in the evening and a simple breakfast in the morning
- a listening ear to those who would like to enter into conversation with volunteers.
- assistance in helping rough sleepers improve their long term life situation in view of their physical needs
When do we operate?
The shelter operates during the coldest winter months, typically between January and March.
A big thank you for donations from the following people and organisations.
- Shanly Foundation
- Catenians for organising a quiz night to raise funds
- STEDWards Talks for organising the Tasmin Little performance
- The Prince Philip Trust
- The Louis Baylis Trust
- Windsor Lions
- Rotary Club of Windsor and Eton
- Kerith Community Church
Visit us on Facebook